Marina Pez Vela wishes to make your transition and clearing process into Costa Rica as convenient as possible and we are here to assist.
If you plan to clear in our Marina you need to contact a Port Agent to help you with the clearance procedure and the arrangements with the government institutions as we don’t have a Customs Office in this area (the closest Custom Office is 2 hours from our Marina).
Customs and Immigration request at least 48 hours notice before your arrival. No exceptions to this regulation.
Here is a list of the documents required for clearing.
- Certificate of Documentation / Registration (Original and 5 copies for officials).
- International “Zarpe” (Cruising Permit) issued from the last port of call (Original and 5 copies for officials).
- Crew & Guest Lists each signed by the Port Captain of Quepos (Original and 5 copies for officials).
- Captain, Crew & Guest passports (Original and 5 copies of all pages for officials).
- Vessel Item Storage List signed by the Captain (Original and 2 copies for officials).
- List of the last five ports visited on the voyage before arrival signed by the Captain (Original and 2 copies for officials).
- Maritime letter of authorization or power of attorney issued by the vessel owner to the Captain of the vessel – (Original and 2 copies for officials).
Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Monday–Sunday: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
9°25’35”N | 84°10’22”W